The “Mauro Baschirotto” Foundation for Rare Diseases and the “Mauro Baschirotto” Association for Rare Diseases has founded the BIRD Institute which operates in the healthcare system. The institute is recognized by the Regione Veneto with DGR n . 149 of 03.08.1999 and it is validated by D.G.R. n . 769 of 12.07.2002 as a rehabilitation outpatient center for the Diagnosis, Treatment and Care of Rare Diseases.
The aim of the Institute is to offer answers to patients who are affected by a rare disease. The requests of help that arrive from any part of Italy and beyond, confirm that the presence of this Institute is highly valued and appreciated.
In particular, it offers:
- Diagnostic activity in collaboration with the National Healthcare System for Medical Genetics.
- Genetic tests carrying out by the Medical Genetics Laboratory for many different rare diseases.
- Outpatient rehabilitation activities and diurnal cycles.
- Multi specialistic medical examinations regarding the field of physiatry, neurology, medical genetics, pediatrics, and other specialties
- Formative activities and training about the rare diseases to physicians and to the other health workers.
- Informative activity, health care, and assistance to the patients and their families.
- Research activities concerning possible clinical applications of innovative treatments.
- Ultrasound examinations.
The team is composed by medical specialists, physiotherapists, psychologists, educators, speech therapists, dieticians, and other professional profiles. Depending on the needs, all the professional figures work together for the application of rehabilitation protocols in individuals or in groups of patients with the same disease.
Fondazione Malattie Rare “Mauro Baschirotto” Onlus
Via Bartolomeo Bizio, 1
36023 Costozza di Longare (Vicenza)
- Phone +39 0444 555 557
- FAX +39 0444 555 034
- E-mail: [email protected]